SAS Ranger Compact Takedown Survival Bow
SAS Ranger Compact Takedown Survival Bow (Arrows and accessories not included - bow only)
Australian customers click here for a local supply - www.survivalarcherysystems-australia.com.
Made in the USA, the SAS Ranger Compact Takedown Survival Bow is the big brother of the Scout Compact Takedown Survival Bow. Designed by experienced engineers who have designed it to withstand many decades of use, this is one of the fastest deploying compact bows on the market. Unlike its smaller brother it can store up to 3 full size takedown arrows inside the riser. This option allows for a more compact storage solution and is meant for users who want the ultimate in space saving. Both the Scout and the Ranger bows require the use of a push style longbow grip; especially the Ranger which has a wide flat grip so as to accommodate the arrow storage.
Converting from left to right hand by simply flipping the limbs around and restringing and the fact that no special tools are required for operation and maintenance, makes this bow easy to use when shared between multiple archers or unit members. Also capable of accepting accessories such as sights, quivers and screw in arrow rests, look no further than the Ranger for a compact and accurate weapon for your backpack.
Check out the menu tab, "Overview - Which bow should I choose" on our website for more detailed info on our different bows.
(Note: New archers should err on the side of caution and choose lower poundage bows - 55# bows are definitely not recommended for new archers and we have numerous new customers requesting to purchase lighter limbs shortly after the purchase of our 55# bows. A 55# bow is equivalent to about a 70# compound bow in perceived draw effort as you hold the full 55# at your anchor point.). The lowest legal poundage (and possibly 5# upward of that) for hunting in your area is generally recommended if you are a new archer. You will be better able to develop proper form and will be more accurate.
- Made in the USA
- Bow type - Modern Longbow
- Storage - Able to store 3 full takedown arrows inside the riser
- Draw weight - 40, 45, 50 and 55 pounds at 28 inch draw (Note: New archers should err on the side of caution and choose lower poundage bows - 55# bows are definitely not recommended for new archers.)
- Maximum draw length - 31 inches
- Bow Length - 60 inches (strung), 22(inches stored)
- Brace Height - 7-8 inches recommended depending on your draw length
- Arrows speed - Up to 200 ft/s for 50 pound version and up to 210 ft/s for 55 pound version
- String compatibility - B50 Dacron 16 Strand Endless Loop only
- Strung bow weight - 1.18kg (2.6 pounds)
- The Ranger Compact Takedown Survival Bow makes use of the finest US and Aerospace materials.
- Riser - Aerospace Grade T6 Aluminium (a premium grade even when compared to aircraft grade T6 aluminium). The material also receives a special surface treatment prior to anodizing in order to make the surface non-reflective. This same surface treatment also allows for a better surface for paint adhesion should you the customer want to employ a camo paint system to the product.
- Limbs - Made in the USA from the same high quality composite material that is used by nearly all of the big names in the compound bow industry. Our limbs are cut using precision waterjet technology and painted directly at the supplier in order that we can receive a consistent, quality product from the industry's best.
- Limb retaining plate - Made of carbon fiber to ensure high strength and durability in the field
- Hardware - The retaining plate is held in place using marine grade 316 stainless steel that has been specially chemically treated in order to allow for a black surface treatment to prevent glare. Our supplier is a military vendor who perfected this process over the past decades to ensure a consistent quality finish.
- We hope you enjoy the product and trust that it will give you many years of trusted service in the field.
What you get:
- SAS Ranger Compact Takedown Survival Bow in your choice of draw weight
- 16 Strand B50 Dacron Endless loop 60" String
- 1 x brass nock set with black inner (inside the string bag)
- 1 x Velcro security strap
- 1 x Velcro adhesive and hook/loop set for shelf padding build
- 1 x owners manual
- A 12 month original owner's warranty as per our warranty conditions (Bow only)
- Arrows, accessories and carry bag are NOT included, but may shown in photos or Youtube videos for demonstration purposes only.
Please note that we do not accept returns for bows that have been strung up. Should you wish to return your bow for whatever reason after receiving it you must not attempt to string the bow. The bow has special indicator marks which tell us if the bow has been strung and could pose a potential risk to another customer. This is how we ensure that our customers remain safe should a returned bow have been dry-fired without our knowledge. Therefore please ensure you intend to keep the bow once you string it for the first time.